Wednesday 10 December 2014

Spending Spare Time Wisely

Hey Guys !

So recently I have been feeling a little "down"; because of my ankle I am unable to do much of anything. Normally I always have something active after school, but because I am unable to participate, I have found myself with a lot of spare time. 

Now I know most people would "kill" to have some extra free time, but I have been struggling to find useful / enjoyable ways to spend my time... 

So I thought I would share with you my top 5 Do's and Don'ts when it comes to staying busy and feeling motivated...

DO's

1. Find a new hobby - my main hobbies are all physical activities like dance and hockey. But when I found myself with extra time on my hands I started to work on some other things like drawing and Playing the piano. Doing things like this (instead of watching the TV) breaks up the day and allows you to relax. 

2. Reading- I know that reading isn't always for everyone... But it can make a real difference if you just make time to switch of your phone and just enjoy reading in a quite, and peaceful place. 

3. Take care of yourself- if your anything like me then you'll understand how hard it is to find time to treat yourself. Why not take advantage of the situation and spend some time painting your nails etc. 

DON'Ts

4. Avoid eating to much unhealthy food- eating lots of bad foods can really affect your mood, instead try things that will give you a bit of a healthier energy boost like fruit.

5.Avoid staying on your electrical devices for too long - staring at the screen of your iPhone or Computer for too long will not help your eyes, the light from screens worsens your body's ability to produce the hormone that makes you sleepy.

I hope you find these tips helpful...

Alison xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment